Transition is Period 4 on Wednesdays
Click here to view the 2019 Programme: Year 11 Transition Programme 5 March
Click here to view the 2019 Class Lists: Year 11 Transition Classes
The programme explained:
There are four longer modules in the programme run by outside providers. They allow time to build and develop skills.
- Self Defence – you will learn how to take some responsibility for your own personal safety and how to respond quickly to cope with a threatening situation.
- Caring for Kids – this programme is taught by NZ Plunket. The course teaches you how to care for younger members of your family. It is also especially useful for students wanting baby-sitting work.
- Driving – this course teaches driving theory to help get you ready to sit your Learners driving licence.
- Relationships – this course teaches how to develop healthy relationships.
This is a new online resource where you will complete mini questionnaires about yourself, you will have the opportunity to produce a CV and take the Bullseye survey that can help assess a suitable career path for you.
(Provided by outside presenters)
- SavY Workshops – this session teaches financial literacy. It is provided by a group of tertiary students.
- NZ Police – they teach a workshop and run a discussion on how to keep safe in the city
Throughout the year we run study sessions to help you self-manage your workload.
The Transition programme aims to broaden your understanding and equip you for life beyond school. The programme is varied and is put together based on the recommendations of last year’s Year 11 students, staff and parents.
We offer a mix of upskilling, practical training and opportunities to explore new skills. You work in class groups and each class rotates through the programme.
Please be aware our programme is subject to change because we are juggling staff, students, rooms and outside providers.